The MARC360: Sustainable Infra 2021 Virtual Conference resumed for Day 2 today and commenced with a discussion on the considerations and integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices in global and Malaysian infrastructure.
Among the observations made during the panel discussion was the significant growth in the issuance of green, social and sustainability (GSS) and sustainability-linked bonds over the last five years with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 64.9% between 2015 to 2020. This, the panel agreed, reflected the growing interest of both issuers as well as investors. The panel comprised:
- Mr. Gan Boon Hean, Group Chief Executive Officer, Leader Energy Holding Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Masliza Sulaiman, Senior Managing Director & Regional Head, Capital Markets, CIMB Investment Bank Berhad
- Ms. Sharifah Bakar Ali, Head, Strategic Business & Market Development, UEM Edgenta Berhad
- En. Ahmad Nadjme Yusuf, Senior Vice President, Head, Monitoring & Evaluation, Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad.
- Mr. Jack Teoh Hwai Chong, Head, Project Finance & Structured Finance, Maybank Investment Bank Berhad
- En. Taufiq Kamal, Head, Rating Portfolio, Construction, Property, Plantation & Retailing, MARC
- Mr. Ray Tay, Senior Vice President, Project & Infrastructure Finance Group, Moody's Investors Service, Singapore.
For more information on the MARC360: Sustainable Infra 2021 Virtual Conference, please click here.