The MARC360: Sustainable Development Financing 2022 Virtual Conference continued with Day 2 yesterday and began with a discourse on current sustainable energy innovations and global trends.
The first session, titled "Sustainable Energy Innovations in the Age of Climate Change", explored the global transition towards new energy in the efforts to address climate change issues. Energy production and consumption is a significant contributor to the world's greenhouse gas emissions and local air pollution. The panellists agreed that there needs to be a collective effort to minimise the negative impacts of energy production, distribution, conversion, and utilisation on the environment. The panel for this session comprised:
- Mr. Yeoh Teik Leng, Head, Capital Markets Group, AmInvestment Bank Berhad
- Mr. Ray Tay, Senior Vice President, Project & Infrastructure Finance Group, Moody's Investors Service, Singapore
- Mr. Lee Yong Shen, Sales & Marketing Director, ITRAMAS Corporation Sdn Bhd
The final session discussed the global thematic trends in sustainable development as the world heads into the decade of action for climate change and towards achieving the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by 2030. In the panel discussion, titled "Emerging Global Sustainability Trends", the speakers observed that there have been encouraging inflows of global sustainable funds of late. This has been driven by continued investor interest in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues and regulation on sustainability disclosures. The speakers for this session were:
- Mr. Ahmad Al Izham Izadin, Senior Manager, Research & Business Development, BIX Malaysia (Bond & Sukuk Information Platform Sdn Bhd)
- Ms. Azreen Idayu Zainal, Deputy General Manager, Markets & Products, Securities Commission Malaysia
- Mr. John Wang, Vice President - Senior Analyst, APAC, Environmental, Social & Governance, Moody's Investors Service, Singapore
Moody's Investors Service served as our strategic partner for the MARC360 conference series. Sponsors for this event included AmInvestment Bank Berhad (Gold sponsor) and BIX Malaysia (Silver sponsor).
For more information and to register for the MARC360: Sustainable Development Financing 2022 Virtual Conference, please click here.